| Gameplay |
My only gripe with this game, and it comes without saying sometimes, is that your reaction time has to be near-superhuman or your ass is going overboard. If you so much as hiccup or blink at the wrong or improper time, you're fucked. No such luck in trying to recover, because only tripping over something you're supposed to jump over will result in an extra chance. Turning and flying off the path, or getting clothes-lined by a branch hanging far too low will result in instant death and a pissed off player. I've almost come to the point of throwing my iPod across the room before, but never did it (thank God.).
| iPod/iPhone/iPad logo |
Other than that, there really isn't much more to say. The game has a nice jungle-theme tune that plays on a constant loop when you start, but after a while I just play Kool and the Gang's "Jungle Boogie" off of my iPod while I play. It drains the battery like crazy, but the two reasons I do it are 1) It seems to help me get further in the game and be more keen on the obstacles and things and 2) It's funny as fuck.
So that's it, I just wanted a short little post about Temple Run, plus an honorable mention of Kool and the Gang while I was at it. I even listen to that stupid song while I type in my blog. (Note: Not all of the time, just when my iTunes comes across it or I feel like playing "guilty pleasure" songs). Thanks for reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment